Daily Skittle

And now back to your regular scheduled program...

 
My Blog Log
2008 Election
Awards
PayPerPost
Blogvertise
Increase Website Traffic
BLOGRUSH
Search!
Google
Other Ads and Links
Deal or No Deal?
Sunday, January 27, 2008

I feel as if I am on the hit t.v. show and Howie is pressuring me to choose a case. They all look the same on the outside. And even though it is a different hot girl holding each case, they are all hot. So how do you choose? I have a job interview in McDonough tomorrow, which is about 45 minutes north of where I live now and 20 minutes south of Atlanta. If I take it, I am thinking of commuting at first; just to see how I like it. Traffic doesn't usually get bad until the exit just past the exit I will work off. It's an apartment community, and by the looks of it I'm thinking it was built by the same construction company as my old community. (Several other things make me think that too.) It's with a really good company, about the size of the last company I worked for. We'll see what happens.

I also had an interview with an insurance company. I got that job, and actually went ahead and started the paper work. I'm just nervous about that one though. It is 100% commission on life insurance, annuity, etc. sales. I know two people who work for the company and both do very well (as in over three times what I make now.) I'm good at sales, so I think I would do well. I'm just not sure it's where I am supposed to be...but it is the only "offer" I have right now.

I interviewed last Friday (the day I got fired) at another apartment community a few miles from my old community. I was really hoping I would get that job, but I think, once again, I asked for too much money. What is up with Macon! Why do I have to take a $6,000 or less pay cut just to get a job around here? The Apartment Guide representative for our area is going to put in a good word for me though, so maybe I will hear something. They really have to realize, you get what you pay for though.

Finally, I got an email from UGA Field Services for a sales position. I'm not sure what that is all about, but they pulled my resume off Monster.com. I'll call tomorrow. I am a Georgia Girl, so you know...wouldn't be a bad company to work for.

As far as if I win the Million Dollars. I guess you'll have to stay tuned and see which case I open, and what's inside!

UPDATE

My interview today for the job outside of Atlanta was postponed. It's okay though. It gave me the opportunity to talk with 3 people who work for or did work for that company. None of them are happy. All of them say it's a hard company to work for, and even harder the property itself is the south-eastern region headquarters. That means a whole lot of chiefs at one place. This Indian cannot work in that environment. I think I'm going to call and cancel the interview tomorrow.

UGA Field Services is a Insurance company and has nothing to do with the University of Georgia. They lost my vote then. Would I be upset if they were called anything else? Nope. But by being called UGA you are misrepresenting that you are affiliated with the University of Georgia. I was just pissed. So, count them out.

This pretty much only leaves the other insurance company and the temporary job for the apartment community. (I think I forgot to tell you about that. I will be working for a local company for the month of February, running one of their properties. It's only a 30 day job, but you never know what may come out of it.) So there you have it. There are my updates.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Stephanie @ 9:42 PM  
5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Stephanie
Home: Macon, Georgia, United States
About Me: Holy Crap I will be 29 soon! My friends and I are creating a before we turn 30 bucket list...hmmm what to add?
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daily Skittle Template by Isnaini Dot Com